The Society of American Indian Dentist (SAID) is a grassroots organization that was founded in 1990 by George Blue Spruce Jr., DDS and five other dentists with funds from the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center. Their original reason for organizing was to work as a group to meet the needs of American Indian dentists, dental students, and dental auxiliaries, improving both the status for American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) dentists within the overall profession of dentistry and educational pathway for AI/AN students.
The purpose of the Society of American Indian Dentists is to:
- Promote dental health in the American Indian community;
- Encourage American Indian Youth to pursue a career in the profession of dentistry;
- Serve as a resource for assistance to American Indian students interested in the profession of dentistry;
- Promote American Indian heritage and traditional values;
- Promote and support the unique concerns of American Indian Dentists.
Society of American Indian Dentists
27180 Newport Road, Suite 3
Menifee, CA 92584